The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Peony

Many people don't know, but my absolute favorite flower is a peony. My Grandma Mitchell use to have a ton of them planted in her yard. Six years ago she passed away and my Dad and his siblings put her house up for sale. Before it went on the market I went and dug up one of her peony bushes. At the time we lived in a duplex, but I planted it anyhow. We bought our house a year later and so the peony bush went with us. That little bush has been through quiet a lot. When we moved in and got it planted it went into shock and pretty much died. The next year it came back, but was very small. Last year it finally got it's first flower and I was so excited. I got to watch it slowly bloom into the beautiful flower. When it had fully bloomed we cut it and took it to the cemetary and put it on my Grandma's grave for memorial day. There was an emotion I can't explain when we put it there. This year I was sad that the flower bloomed two weeks earlier so I was not able to take it and put on her grave. It was such a beautiful flower though and I enjoyed it while it lasted.



No comments: