The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Monday, October 6, 2008

Step Out To Fight Diabetes!!



It was that time of year again. We did the annual Step Out To Fight Diabetes Walk on September 27th. The walk took place at This Is The Place Heritage Park and Utah's Hogle Zoo. I was in charge once again of the opening program and closing program. I was so busy all morning and afternoon I felt like a chicken with my head cut off. All in all it was a really great day and everything went awesome. Brandon, the boys and myself walked the entire 5 miles along with the entire Neilson Family and two of our friends, Jacy and Kipp ran most of the 5 miles, props to them. I swear in the end I think I really walked more like 10 or 15 miles with everything I did that day. It was all worth it and we had a ton of fun. For part of the morning program I had to write something about Logan and his life with Diabetes. Here is what they read about him at the program:


This is Logan Gunn, your Utah Youth Ambassador. He is 7 years old and he has Diabetes. Logan was 5 years old when he was diagnosed with diabetes. When he was diagnosed at the hospital his blood sugar was 1260. To him, checking his blood sugar level and injecting insulin is as common as getting dressed in the morning or doing his homework. He knows how to listen to his body and how to manage the disease every day. He's in the second grade and loves recess and going to baseball games. He didn't do anything to get Diabetes, but he's doing everything right to make sure diabetes doesn't get him. Logan Gunn is a Diabetes Fighter.


The picture of Logan on Todd Wente's shoulders is when he was reading that little thing about Logan.

No comments: