The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Deer Valley

Deer Valley Ski Resort


Well we finally did it, we went skiing!!! For the past three years Brandon's client, which happens to be Deer Valley Ski Resort, has been giving Brandon 4 passes to go skiing as a Christmas present. Well the first two years we let them go to waste!!! I know we are absolutely nuts right??? Well we had great excuses, I haven't been skiing since I was 16, Brandon has only been skiing once ever when he was 16, we have kids etc.... At the time we really thought they cons out weighed the pros so we didn't think much more of it.

Well this year Brandon decided we were not going to let them go to waste. So he got online on Thursday and found out that it was going to be the last weekend Deer Valley was open for skiing. So he found another couple to go with us to use the passes and asked his parents to watch our kids. We decided we should do this year without the kids to see what we thought of skiing. We got up early on Sat. April 9th and got ready. We dropped the boys off and went to pick up our ski's and meet our friends. Once we had all our gear it was off to Deer Valley!!! I have to admit I was so super nervous. I use to love skiing and was not too bad of a skier, but let's be honest I am older and WAY out of practice. It was a great day for skiing in my opinion. The weather was crappy down in the valley, but up on the slopes was beautiful. It snowed off and on for the majority of the day, but was still fantastic. Our friends that went with us were a guy Brandon works with and his wife. This was going to be her very first time evr skiing. So really she fit right in with Brandon and I. One of my biggest fears was the ski lifts!!! I hated them as a kid and still am not fond of them. However I didn't fall on my face getting off them once and by the end of the day they didn't bother me at all!!! Brandon was an absolute natural at skiing. You never would have known it was only his second time skiing!!! I was so jealous of him. Once I was on the slopes it all slowly started to come back and felt really good. However I let me nerves take over and couldn't bring myself to venture off the bunny slope for the majority of the day. When I finally did let's just say there were tears involved but I did it!!! Mindy didn't take to skiing so after giving it a few tries she ended up going into the lodge and sitting by the fire in a nice comfy chair and read and enjoyed her quite time. Even though I felt bad she wasn't out with us on the slopes I know she was enjoying some much needed quite time from being a mom of five. Greg and Brandon spent the majority of the day on the big slopes and had a great time. We all enjoyed a great lunch together and all in all had a fabulous time. Brandon and I have even decided we want to put the boys in lessons next year and maybe start skiing more. Who knows what next year will bring but thats the plan.

Getting Ready to Hit The Slopes


Traci and Brandon


Deer Valley Ticketing


The Lifts


Top Of The Bunny Slope

No comments: