The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Monday, October 18, 2010

Red Butte Gardens 9-14-10

In September I was able to go on a field trip with Riley's Class. There were two classes of first graders that went. We went to Red Butte Gardens. I totally reccommend going if you haven't been before, it was amazing. I was over a group of all boys!!! It wasn't too bad, they were pretty good. We were lucky enough to have an amazing guide, the boys loved her. She was so fun and showed the kids some amazing things, including her holding a bumble bee. It was so much fun learning about all the different flowers and plants. There was so much to look at. I couldn't get over how beautiful it all was. It was cool seeing Riley pick out the plants we have at home and actually being able to name some of them. After we finished our tour we headed off to Sunny Side Park for lunch and to get the kids energy out. It was a great field trip and I am so glad I was able to go and have so much fun.
The First Graders

Our Guide Has a Bumble Bee in her Hand

Our Guide Holding a Bee

Pears Growing on the Trelis

Yellow Daisies


Hanging Basket of Flowers

A Beautiful Waterfall

The water



Lily Pads


Pretty Yellow Flowers

The boys trying to touch the fish

Fish

Ground Squirrels

Mrs. Beckstead with our group of boys


A Bumble Bee



Ry and some of his classmates





Pretty Flower

Wood Betony

Ry by the rattlesnake fountain

Some of my favorites

I loved all the beautiful flowers

No comments: