The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Friday, August 28, 2009

Grandma Gunn

We lost Brandon's Grandma Gunn on July 22nd, 2009, after her long battle with cancer. She was the rock in the family for many. I had been doing her hair for the past 6 years, and I had grown very close to her. We had the most amazing conversations while doing her hair. I was able to get the chance to do her hair and have one last great conversation with her a few weeks before she passed. We were able to go and spend an afternoon with her as a family before she took the turn for the worse. I am very thankful for the fact that we were able to spend time with her while she still was Grandma and say our good-byes. She was surrounding by all of her children when she passed. We miss her so much, but are very thankful she is no longer suffering. My father-in law and his siblings asked me to do her hair one last time and I accepted. It was a very hard, but peaceful time for me and I am so thankful I was able to do it. We will miss you Grandma, but you will be forever in our hearts !!!






No comments: