The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Friday, August 28, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Well it was that time of year again for us to track back on for the 2009-2010 school year. Logan missed the actual first day of school so we could go to Grandma's funeral. So he started the next day instead. I can't believe I have a third grader already, it doesn't seem possible. Logan was very excited to start school and be in the third grade. He has a lot of his friends in his class again this year, and many new faces too. He is loving the third grade so far this year.

Riley started Kindergarten a week and one day after Logan. He was soooo excited to be a big kid and go to school like his brother. Ry is in afternoon kindergarten and loves his teacher. When I took him to school for his first day he informed me he was a big kid and didn't need to hold my hand or give kisses goodbye. After I left him I totally cried like a baby lol. It was so different coming home to such a quiet house. When I picked him up after school he asked what I did without him. I told him "I cried without you". He just shook his head and said "Oh MOM"!! However the next day when I went to drop him off without hugs and kisses, he came running back up to me and said "Mom" and held out his arms for a hug and kiss. I guess he isn't too bug for them just yet!!! I am finding I have extra time with NO kids at home for a few hours everyday. My house even stays cleaner a lot easier now amazingly enough. I still miss my boys and can't believe how big they are getting, I wish I could freeze time.



No comments: