The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Diabetes FCYD Camp 2009

Well my little boy is growing up!!!! On Father's Day Logan and his cousin Camryn left for Diabetes camp. We dropped them off at 1:00pm on Sunday. I kept it together while we checked them in, saw their cabins, and met their counslers. As soon as we started to the car I already started to fall apart. I knew it was going to be a tough week, I just didn't think it would come on so fast. I haven't been away from Logan in 3 and a half years for more then a night or two and he was always with family then. Even though the staff and counslers all were very well organized and well staffed, the mom in me felt like they wouldn't be good enough. I ended up getting through the 6 days 5 nights okay, however Logan didn't even think twice about us back home. We sent plenty of emails from back home to both Logan and Camryn, however they couldn't find the time to send one back.

The theme for camp was Dream Week. Everything was based around the kids dreams. They started camp off with standing in a circle with a rope and writing their dreams on the rope. They then talked about their dreams and cut their piece of rope off to take home. After that the fun just continued from there. They went swimming, did archery, went on a hike, had arts and crafts, learned about diabetes, and sang silly songs plus much more. They were constantly on the go and having loads of fun. On Wednesday they went on a hike and had a picnic lunch. After lunch they preceeded to have what they called Dream Sleeze. They did contest for the smelliest feet and armpits, the dirtiest socks, biggest bunch of shoes tied together, and the sleeziest camp counsler. After seeing some of the pics I felt so bad for the counslers. The kids sat their counslers down and then put bottle after bottle of sunscreen (so glad my $5 bottle of sunscreen went to good use) in the counslers hair, along with cans of soda pop. It looked so disgusting!!!! The next night they had movie night in the arts and crafts hall. The kids all took their blankets and pillows to watch Bedtime Stories. Most have them had seen it but stiil had a great time. Thursday night they had a big goodbye party and dance. My son of course won the award at camp for being the camp ladies man LOL. He proved it even more at the dance where he dance several slow dances with the girls, many of them older then him!!! He recieved many letters from different girls at camp and came home with their email addresses to boot. By Friday I couldn't wait to go pick Logan and my niece Camryn up. When we got to camp to get them I got a better reception from my adorable niece Camryn. As soon as she saw me she came running and jumped into my arms, I could have cried. Logan on the other hand was like your here already???? I have to admit it made me a little sad. However he made up for it with all the hugs and kisses he gave after we were clear of all his camp friends. I was so glad to get him home and hear all about camp and see all the neat things he bought with his money and made. I think we all grew up a little as a family. It wasn't easy, but I think next year will be a lot better for me as the mom, and yes he is already talking about going NEXT YEAR !!!!!
Cabin 1 Logan's Cabin
Cabin 5 Camryn's Cabin
Logan in a Jell-o Eating Contest
Matthew Logan's Counsler With Sunscreen and Soda Pop in His Hair
Kelsie With Sunscreen and Soda Pop in Her Hair
Logan and His Favorite Counsler Chelsea Saying Thier Goodbyes
Logan, Amelia, and Camryn Hugging Goodbye
Leaving Camp Wapiti

No comments: