The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Diabetes Camp


Camp Wapiti This Way (On Our Way To Pick Up Logan)

I survived again this year. It was a very LONG week without Logan. I can't tell you all just how much I missed him. Yet again this year he I didn't receive one email back from the little stinker. To make it worse I didn't even get a generic postcard this time either. When we got there to pick him up Fri. afternoon, I asked him why??? His reply " Mom I was too busy to email you back, but I do love you and I missed you too!" Well I guess that makes up for it just a little. He told us all about all the fun stuff they did at camp this year. He really did have a great time. They did so many fun things. They had a camp fire every night with songs, archery, swimming everyday, a hike, a field trip to the Toole Park and Aquatic Center Pool, Diabetes education, contests, skits, SLEEZE DAY, and of course the end of camp DANCE!!! Logan however did get sick one morning at camp. It was not a fun experience for him at all. One because he threw up at the breakfast table with everyone sitting there, two because his mom wasn't there, and three because he had to miss out on some of the contests for the day. By lunch however he was feeling a lot better, and was able to still do some fun things.


Hike Day


Arts and Crafts


Archery


Sleeze Comes To Camp


Sleeze!!!!


Lunch At Camp



The Entire Camp At The End Of The Hike


Campfire Circle


Water Olympics


Camp Store


Logan's Cabin


Logan's and Everyone From His Cabin on Field Trip Day


Field Trip Day to Pratt Aquatic Center and Toole Park


Logan's Cabin Mates


Logan's Counsler Sammy

I was so shocked to learn that Logan received an award at camp for being THE MOST OBEDIENT. Wow now if he could just do that at home. Logan had a great time catching up with friends from last year and meeting new ones this year. He said the dance was a lot of fun. He danced a couple of dances with girls his own age. However I think he may have danced a few more with some of the counslers.


Logan and The Rest Of His Cabin Receiving Their Awards


Eric and Olivia Dancing (Eric was in Logan's cabin)


Logan Dancing With Gabby (They are in the back Logan is in a blue shirt)

Logan never ceases to surprise us, we are so proud and sad at the sametime. While at camp Logan learned how to put in his own pump sites!!! I can't tell you what a big accomplishment this really is. He is growing up so fast and is showing us just how much more amazing he is. I am so glad there is a camp like this for him to be able to go to. He really fits in and makes so many new friends. I think it is good for him to not feel like the odd one out or the different kid for a change. I am so glad to have him back home. I think he was sick of me telling him how much I missed him by that night. On the last night of camp all the campers got their own syringe full of the ashes from the final campfire. We have put Logan's campfire ashes away until his next camp session. He can't wait to go to his next camp session!!! (Maybe a winter camp next)

Logan On His First Day At Camp

No comments: