The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Diabetes Walk 2009

Well it was once again time for the annual Diabetes walk. I was once again in charge of the opening and closing program. I was so excited this year because Logan was giving his first ever speech and his Cub Scout troop was doing the flag ceremony. The cub scouts did the flag ceremony first, and they did a great job. I am one of their leaders so it made me very proud to watch them. Shortly after it was time for Logan to give his speech. He did such a great job, you could tell he was super nervous though. After his speech there were a few others that got up to talk. Then it was time for the walk to begin. Since we had such a big team this year our family opted to do the 2.5 mile instead of the 5 mile. We had over 60 team memebers walk with us this year. It was amazing to see what a great support system we have. Our team consisted of many family memebers and many close friends. Our family is so greatful for all of these amazing people. Waiting at the finish line was the entire Woods Cross Chatelles Drill Team. They were there to cheer everyone on for finishing the walk. After all our team finished I took my usual pictures of each family with Logan. We then went in to eat some lunch and listen to the Jon Dansie Band. Shortly after we started to eat channel 4 news came and asked to interview Logan. So we went out by the train so Logan could do his first tv interview. They asked to interview me along with Logan. I have to say I was as nervous as Logan. It was a lot of fun though and was crazy to watch us on tv 4 different times that night. Later we were off to walk the zoo as a family. It was so much fun to see all the baby animals and be together with ALL our families. When it was all over we said our goodbyes and my awesome sister took our boys so Brandon and I could have a night alone. Brandon surprised me and got us a room at the Hotel Monaco. We had a great day and it ended with a great night. I love my amazing family and friends and can't thank them all enough for all their love and support!!!






No comments: