The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Monday, January 5, 2009

Joys Of A Puppy

Well having a puppy is like having a new baby or child. First on Christmas Eve as I was rushing to get everything ready before my house became full of 18 bodies, I caught the dog in the door going out to our garage. I had asked the boys to hold him and had assumed they were doing like they were asked and went to close the door. I didn't even look down to make sure all was clear and all of a sudden there was a yelp. I felt horrible he just kept crying and wouldn't walk. I thought for sure his leg was broke. We rushed him to the vet, not the one we had planned on going to, and of course we just missed normal hours. They had just switched to emergency hours so boy was that a fun visit, luckily his leg was just bruised.

So as if that wasn't enough drama the day after Christmas Tigger started acting funny. He kept running around shaking his head and burying himself in blankets. After a few hours of this we decided to make yet another trip to the vet (a different one again). They informed me that Tigger had double ear infection!!! I swear I feel like I have another child all over again. However even with all the chaos we all still love the new puppy. He is even sleeping through the night now and is doing really good with the whole potty thing.



No comments: