The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Monday, August 25, 2008

CREEPY CRAWLY SPIDER!!!!






Late Sat. night I noticed a mark on the back of Logan's leg by chance while we were watching a movie. He had a really gross looking sore. Sunday I decided to take him to kids care. The doctor looked at his leg and said it was just an infection and was nothing to worry about, he gave us a cream to put on it. So late Sunday night after the boys had gone to bed I was down in my office and decided to get my basket of laundry and take it upstairs. I went to put the basket down so I could turn off my computer and the light and I saw a massive spider and screamed for Brandon!! I made him come downstairs and catch the creepy thing in a jar. After we caught it we got on the internet looking for spiders to see if we could figure out what it was. Low and behold it was a Hobo spider!!! As we kept looking and saw pictures of what bites look like I had a feeling that that was what was on Logans leg. First thing today I called his doctor and made an appointment. We took Logan and the spider to his office and he confirmed that it is a hobo spider and that it is what bit Logan, and on top of that while we were there the doctor discovered that there are babies on the spiders back!!!! YUCK !!! I so have the creepy crawlies. Needless to say after all this we have someone coming to spray inside and out of our house this week.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Ewww! Traci! That is so scary!! I don't want to believe we have spiders like that around our houses. I have the creepy crawlies too!!

Amber said...

I totally have the creepy crawlies just LOOKING at that thing! I guess we need to spray, too!

Traci Gunn said...

I know, I HATE SPIDERS!!!! Yuck they are absolutely awful. I hate even being in my house knowing that is where we found the spider, and its many babies.

LaRee said...

Oh man I would have been freaking out, i would have made Tyler spray the whole house before i could go to sleep! Eke, a Hobo Spider!! Did Logan heal okay?

Traci Gunn said...

It totally freaked me out!!! Logan did heal ok it took him forever because of him having Diabetes. He has a big purple scar still which I feel bad for but hopefully over time it will start to look better.