The Gunn Family

The Gunn Family

Monday, January 7, 2008

My Christmas Addiction !!!!





Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. I get a little carried away with decorating, thanks to my Nana. When I was little my Nana put a village up under her tree every year. She started her village in 1945, the original houses she started with were little cardboard houses. She bought a set of 7 little houses with a church and it cost her $1.00. Through the years she just started collecting more houses and changing over to glass instead of cardboard. It was always one of my favorite parts of Christmas to go and help put up her village. I always knew I wanted to do a village of my own. Then about 5 years ago the village became too much work for my Nana and she decided to give it up. She split the village between my Mom, my sister, my Aunt, and me. I have slowly added houses every year since, but out of sentimental reasons I still find room in the village every year for at least 3 of her original cardboard houses. Surprisingly enough my kids have left my village alone every year, even when they were little. Brandon jokes all the time that if it gets any bigger I'm going to need a seperate room just for my village.

No comments: